Monday, November 12, 2007

Industrial Training

This is the 4th week of my industrial training... and for sure I have used to working life... everyday wake up early (6 something in the morning is considered as very early for me if compared with student life), then travel an at least half hour journey, working, reach home have my dinner, watch tv or online a while, then need to sleep already. Same routine only repeats five times a week, fortunately, I have two rest days per week. Haha! But I think so far I seldom enjoy 2 rest days in one week as I will accompany friends training in the same company with me to travel around Ipoh and even outside Ipoh. However, this is fun! This is extremely fun to explore everywhere and some places I also never been before.

My company is Finisar (M) Sdn. Bhd. It is a manufacturing site for some optical devices. Until now I also cannot explain clearly and easily the products it produces. So far I think this company is quite good in terms of its benefits... But sometimes they employees, our supervisors are just too busy to entertain us... Actually the first 3 weeks I was really nothing much to do. Besides some days we will be sent to some courses or training, which are very fun and useful in my opinion, especially sometimes they will provide breakfast, lunch and tea time free of charge, most of the time I was just sitting there and looking everywhere. Else, my main job is pretending to be busy, but I think all people also can notice I am very free. Haha! Luckily I know some new friends here, which are all come from MMU... They really make my life happier and funnier, make my training life not that dull... haha!!! Today is my 1st day of 4th week, and I was given a small project to work on it. Actually it is quite simple for other person, but quite difficult for me... The best thing is, my supervisor never set due date for me... But I think I should also finish it a.s.a.p. It will affect my impression on him if I delay too long. And I found that, if you have some jobs to do during working hours, you will be more enjoying your training...

No comments: